Defense Attorney Profile
Thomas C Gallagher
Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney
The origin story
After a Psychology Bachelor’s Degree, Thomas Gallagher began working as a paralegal in 1984. Then discovering a passion for criminal law, he decided to go to law school. Thomas Gallagher went to the University of Minnesota Law School, a top-rated law school.
After graduating in 1988, he did a law firm’s criminal defense attorney work. He also handled cases in their other practice areas.
“Liberty means you don’t need to justify your choice, the government must justify its intrusion.”
– Attorney Thomas C Gallagher
That broad legal experience in the early years provided a good foundation. After all, the law is a seamless web.
In 1993, Thomas Gallagher founded his own practice, Gallagher Criminal Defense law firm in Minneapolis. Part scholar and part public performer, hard work has always been the key ingredient to Gallagher’s success.
Verbal communication skills – including listening – are at least as important. After all, Attorney Gallagher presents cases to a juries and judges. And he speaks to other groups. Even client communication is an essential skill.
Recognized expert in criminal law
Professional consults: Other lawyers often consult Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney Thomas Gallagher. And he is happy to help those colleagues. He answers questions about state and federal courts, about criminal law practice areas and defenses, and problem-solving.
Referrals: Most of Thomas Gallagher’s clients are referrals. And clients tell him who recommended him to them. Referral sources include other lawyers, judges, prosecutors and police officers, as well as former clients.
Teacher: Many bar associations and Continuing Legal Education providers ask Thomas Gallagher to teach CLE classes on criminal law topics.
Thomas Gallagher works hard to provide quality education and materials to the lawyers, judges and police officers who attend. You can see a detailed list of the courses and topics Attorney Thomas Gallagher has taught.
Unique strategic approach
Every lawyer has their own unique personality and background, just like all people. So what core values and experiences drive Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney Thomas Gallagher? Let’s go with the top three:
- Curiosity. Sustained effort can be hard work. Problem solving can also be fun. But either way, Attorney Gallagher is relentless.
- Compassion. We are not so different. So let’s see through each other’s eyes. We can share our emotional truths.
- Communication. No matter how developed your communication skills, we always need to improve them. We can understand each other. And active listening helps us connect and communicate.
Professional leadership, background, education, peer ratings & reviews
Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney Thomas C Gallagher’s professional leadership, associations, educational background, peer-review best-ratings and five-star reviews, all appear below.
Recognized Leader Among Lawyers
Leadership positions in legal, political, community organizations; and bar association memberships:
Top-rated Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney
Peer Review Awards and Ratings:
Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney Gallagher ratings as one of the best criminal lawyers in Minnesota:
- “AV rated:“Martindale-Hubbell’s peer-review rating by lawyers & judges (best-rating for ethics & legal ability):
Voted Member of the Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice, limited to fifty of the best criminal defense attorneys in Minnesota:
- “Superb” rating “10 out of a possible 10,” the best possible, by avvo.com:
- Member, National Organization of Criminal Defense Attorneys:
- Member, NORML Legal Committee:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms and Best Lawyers, peer reviews: